We call them automobile accidents or car accidents, but they aren’t. They are crashes. Cars, buses and trucks weren’t meant to hit each other. When they do, it’s a crash, and someone is at fault.
Maryland Car Crash Lawyer
As Maryland car crash lawyers, there are four things we must prove in order to win a negligence action. (Car crash cases are generally negligence cases.)
- The defendant – the one who caused the accident – had a duty to you, the injured person.
- The defendant breached their duty to you.
- The breach of duty was the proximate cause of the harm you suffered.
- You sustained actual damages.
This means, from the first phone call you make to our office, we need to work toward proving all four things above. Getting in a car crash can range from a big pain in the ass on the smaller end, to a significant, life-changing event on the bigger end. We can help with either situation.
What Do I Do Now?
- Document everything – take pictures of vehicles, bodies, and any other detail you think might matter. If there are witnesses, get names and contact information.
- Get proper medical care. A car crash is no time to be a tough guy or girl. The more immediate and more thorough your medical care is, the better your case and healing process will be.
- Get all of your insurance information together. All of it. Every policy you have.
- Speak to no one after the scene.
- Call Us. 443-921-1100. We will handle it from there.