General counsel to the 2600 members of the
Maryland Troopers’ Association
More than 20 years of experience in personal injury cases
We’ve helped thousands
of injured workers
We work with the best medical malpractice lawyers to get results for you.
The Latest From Our News Blog
Each month, Warnken, LLC posts a selection of results from the prior month. These results include settlements, workers’ compensation awards, comp PPD awards, and jury verdicts. But please remember, no two cases are alike. A nearly infinite number of variables go into determining the value of a personal injury or workers’ compensation case. Just because a case looks like yours, doesn’t necessarily mean it is.
- Injury: Partial tear of the distal biceps and subchondral cystic change within the radial tuberosity and the head of the radius.
- Body Part: Left arm
- Amount: $19,500 plus MSA
- Claimant was injured when the claimant tried to stop a heavy cart from tipping over. Claimant was treated with conservative care that included medication and therapy.
- Injury: Impingement syndrome, neck strain, cervicogenic headaches
- Body Part: Shoulder, head, neck
- Amount: In excess of $58,000.00
- Claimant was involved in a car accident while at work. Claimant required surgery to the shoulder as a result of the accident. Claimant retuned to pre-injury employment.
- Injury: Left shoulder strain
- Body Part: Left shoulder
- Amount: $3,600.00
- Claimant was injured in a motor vehicle crash. Claimant had an emergency room visit and a follow up with the doctor and physical therapy.
- Injury: Tear of the posterior horn of the medial meniscus, lateral femoral bone bruise, and popliteal cyst.
- Body Part: Knee
- Amount: $10,000 new money
- Claimant was injured while working on a car at work. Claimant had surgery to repair the injuries to the knee. Claimant received a PPD award and later elected to settle the remainder of the claim based on the doctor’s recommendation that no additional treatment would be beneficial.
- Injury: Partial rotator cuff tear
- Body Part: Shoulder
- Amount: $75,000.00 plus MSA
- Claimant was injured at work after lifting heavy objects. Claimant underwent surgery on the shoulder.
- Injury: Laceration of the dorsal aspect of the left first web space; disc herniation at C5-6
- Body Part: Left hand, neck and left shoulder
- Amount: Between $40,000.00 and $50,000.00
- Claimant sustained two injuries at work. Claimant underwent a cervical fusion as a result and was able to return to pre-injury employment.
- Injury: Legionnaire’s Disease
- Body part: Lungs
- Amount: $9,185
- The injured worker contracted Legionnaires disease after exposure to a water leak. After initially winning this case at the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission, the employer/insurer appealed. We defended the case on appeal and won again.
- Injury: Workers’ comp foot injury from foot being rolled over with wheelchair
- Body part: Foot
- Amount: $15,000
- Claimant’s foot was injured when it was rolled over by a wheelchair. Diagnosis was an injury to the fibrous coalition of a foot joint, which was repaired surgically and treated with physical therapy.
- Body part: Shoulder
- Amount: Six figures
- Claimant suffered a dislocated shoulder while working. An award was granted by the Commission. The injured worker was treated with surgery, a spinal cord stimulator, pain medication, and physical therapy.
Warnken, LLC Attorneys At Law
Warnken, LLC started more than 20 years ago. The senior member of the firm, Byron L. Warnken, Esq., has been an attorney for more than 35 years. He is also a full-time law professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law. In the early 1990’s, Warnken, LLC consisted of Byron L. Warnken and his wife Bonnie L. Warnken, who handled mostly medical malpractice and personal injury cases. In 1997, the firm began to expand, with more lawyers being hired to handle the work associated with representing the Maryland Troopers Association. Since then, the MTA has been Warnken, LLC’s focus. The past decade has seen the firm gain great expertise in personal injury matters and workers’ compensation cases.
Warnken, LLC has handled more than 2000 litigation matters in more than 20 years of practice. This includes numerous kinds of litigation and includes trial work, post-verdict work, and appeals.
Warnken, LLC’s civil litigation practice handles personal injury cases and workers’ compensation cases. We also handle truck accidents, negligence, wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, and other injuries or disputes.
Workers’ compensation is by far the fastest growing practice area at Warnken, LLC. A decade ago, Warnken, LLC had less than 20 comp files at any given time a few years ago. Today there are more than 300.
Our comp practice grew from serving law enforcement. Being one of the most dangerous jobs, police officers and other public safety employees often need counsel for workplace injuries. In order to serve our existing clients, we gained the expertise.
Since 1997, Warnken, LLC has been general counsel to the Maryland Troopers Association. We handle administrative discipline, trial boards, disability retirement, grievances, and generally anything else active or retired law enforcement personnel face. We take great pride in the work.