Warnken, LLC’s November Workers’ Compensation Cases
Below is the monthly list of Warnken, LLC’s workers’ compensation, personal injury, medical malpractice, and other tort cases.
- Injury: Strain/sprain to the lumbosacral spine with annular tear at L4-5
- Body Part: Back
- Amount: $33,000.00
- Claimant injured her back when she slipped and fell on the job. Treatment included conservative treatment, injections, and a nerve oblation. She was unable to return to pre-injury employment, forced, instead, to pursue other avenues.
- Injury: Internal derangement and partial medial meniscectomy
- Body Part: Left knee
- Amount: $7,788.00
- Claimant injured his left knee while at work causing a fall to the ground. He underwent surgery to repair an internal derangement and partial medial meniscectomy.
- Injury: Closed head injury resulting in posttraumatic headaches and cervical strain
- Body Part: Head and neck
- Amount: $5,537.60
- Claimant sustained a head and neck injury when he was struck by a heavy steel door directly to his head. As a result, he underwent conservative treatment and monitoring for his injuries.
- Injury: Back strain
- Body Part: Back
- Amount: $14,490.00
- Claimant injured his back while pursuing a fleeing suspect. He was treated with conservative treatment that included chiropractic care and physical therapy.
- Injury: Traumatic brain injury, anxiety, dislocated right femoral head, fractures at L2 and L3.
- Body Part: Back, Right Hip, Head, Right Eye, Left Ear, further
- Amount: $44,550.00
- Claimant was in a serious motor vehicle accident and suffered life-threatening injuries. He was sent to Shock Trauma and underwent emergency surgery for his injuries.
As a layperson, if I saw that someone gets less than $50,000 for a life threatening car accident involving emergency surgery, I’d be quite upset. However, it’s important to understand this is just the workers’ compensation part of the equation. Generally, workers’ compensation is insufficient to make an injured worker whole. It’s crucial to look for other opportunities to hold others accountable for any liability or negligence. For instance, if injured on the job while driving a car or truck, you recover workers’ compensation benefits from the employer and you may also recover personal injury damages if there is another driver to hold responsible. The employer/workers’ compensation insurer is then entitled to recover monies paid out via comp from the proceeds of the lawsuit.